30 Day Trial | Days 26- 30 | Finish Strong...
Welcome to Day 30 - You Win...
So here we are at the end of another 30 Day Trial Challenge. I am writing this message from a medicine-induced haze. I hurt my ankle a few days ago and had been fighting the pain as I walked. Finally it started to swell and so I went to the doctor and he prescribed some pain/swelling meds. They are helping but they leave me in this oofy state.
I want to talk with you about finishing strong because I think a lot of times when we get close to the finish line we slow up and coast across with a smile. Is that really the best way to do it? Isn't it better to boost across the line removing all doubt that you put your all into it. No matter what you took on over the last 30 days, you need to press on with energy and passion.
So time for a retrospective
What Went Well
- I enjoyed taking on a bigger challenge.
- The daily tasks allowed me to focus on different positive changes (Stayed Fresh)
- Working out made my days go better
What Needs To Be Changed
- No more challenges during heavy periods of work. (Church Build out)
- No more than 2 goals attacked in one trial. (I did 4 this time)
- More consistent posting
- More sleep ;)
- Create posts ahead of time. (Auto posting of 5 minute drills worked well)
- Set time to post earlier in the day. (Will allow more to follow)
- Create email group so non-facebook folks can be alerted to new posts.
- Auto ping new posts. (Post -> Bit.ly -> Ping)
So how did all of you do during this trial? What worked and what didn't?
For the Nerds
Here are some blogging specific tidbits from this 30 Day Trial
Compared to the previous 30 days of blog traffic
- 639 Visits +67% increase
- 1130 PageViews +128% increase
- 00:02:04 Average Time on Site + 253% increase
- 39% increase in Ad revenue
- 29% decrease in Ad CTR (Click Through Rate)
P.S. I will be posting my remaining task items as 5 minute drills over the next few days.