God's Man | 1 John Part 4
By Confessing My Sin
“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.”- 1 John 1:8
- The Best Man is a Man at Best
- There is none that are worthy. All have sinned. All have fallen.
- This was in direct contrast to the Gnostics who felt that sin could be overcome.
- Whether Stoic or Epicurean there is no way to beat this except…
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.“ - 1 John 1:9-10
- If you have done it all on your own. Jesus would not have needed to die.
- His promises would not have been true.
- He Died for our sins but if we still have to do it on our own than he told the biggest lie ever.
- But the truth is that you Can Overcome and it is Only…
By The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense–Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” - 1 John 2:2Jesus came and died so that you would have life.
Jesus came to Earth, died on the Cross, and Rose Again so that you
- Would never be Lost.
- Would never be Alone.
- Would have Eternal Fellowship With God
- Would have Life.