God's Man | Don't Believe the Lie...
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. - Proverbs 31:10
A wife of noble character is her husband's crown... - Proverbs 12:4
You've been dating this guy for a long time. You know you'll be married... I mean you have been together for over a year. You've met some of his family and he has met yours. He's nice. Everyone says that you should be happy but he is not making a real commitment. You don't see the ambition you thought you saw early on. But you have been together for so long. You don't want to see the time wasted.
Don't believe the lie that a long term relationship in time is the same as a committed one. Don't believe the lie that you should ignore the red flags because you have a man. To my daughters, did you know what God says your husband should do?
There is more but I want to see what kind of conversation these things bring up.
That he should provide for you
- 1 Timothy 5:8 - "If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever."
- That he should NOT. BE. LAZY!
- Proverbs 6:6-12 - "... How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?..."
- Proverbs 26:13-16 - "... The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth..."
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6-12 - "... For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “If a man will not work, he shall not eat..."